Lung Volume Analysis
For physicians assessing emphysema patients, Lung Volume Analysis provides validated quantitative CT (QCT) analysis to aid in treatment selection, treatment planning, and intra-procedural guidance. VIDA’s approach is patient-centric and can be applied to numerous treatment options.
Use VIDA’s Lung Volume Analysis for:
- Disease Assessment: Segmental lung density and airway data aid in determining the type(s) and extent of disease with precision.
- Treatment Selection: Comprehensive QCT analysis provides validated metrics necessary for selecting a treatment, or combination of treatments.
- Treatment Planning and Guidance: Planning tools assist in marking and measuring targeted treatment locations. Virtual bronchoscopy provides guidance during the procedure.
- Lower costs: VIDA’s QCT analysis is significantly lower in cost than alternative methods of assessing collateral ventilation, with comparable results.1
- Improved patient satisfaction: Unlike alternative approaches, VIDA’s analysis is non-invasive. Additionally, 3D images can improve patient communication.
- Better informed decisions: VIDA’s solution provides a comprehensive set of tools and analysis, including interactive visualizations of low density, fissures, airways, and more.
- Fissure integrity
- Disease severity – density as measured by low attenuation (LAA%), LAC slope, and clustering with customizable thresholds (-950, -920, -910HU)
- Disease heterogeneity
- Interactive 3D visualizations
- Labeled airways with measurements (length, diameter, wall thickness)
- Virtual bronchoscopy for intra-procedural guidance
- Report generation
- Regional and global volumes (air, tissue, vessel)
1 – Schumann et al, Computed tomography predictors of response to endobronchial valve lung reduction treatment. Comparison with Chartis. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2015